With the rapid increase in online activity and information accessibility, customers, employees, and the Federal government have become more concerned about how personal information will be stored and used. Trust, loyalty, brand value—and legal compliance—all depend on an organization’s commitment to ensuring all employees know and follow privacy policies and procedures.
This 20-minute course, produced by our training partner MediaPro, provides an overview of basic privacy policies and procedures, including both Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and proprietary business information.
- Defining privacy and information that needs to be protected
- Employees’ privacy responsibilities
- Best practices for protecting private information
- Privacy incident reporting procedures
- Highly engaging and interactive elements
- Developed to be easily tailored or customized
- SCORM and AICC compliant for easy LMS integration
- Developed to ease translation and localization
Course Outline: Privacy Basics
Lesson 1: Privacy Overview
- Privacy Introduction
- Common Privacy Incidents
- Identifying Personally Identifiable Information
- The Importance of Protecting Personal Information
Lesson 2: Handling Personal Information
- Your Responsibility in Handling Personal Data
- Privacy Policies and Procedures
- Basic Security Procedures
- Privacy Incident Reporting
Lesson 3: Next Steps
- Course Summary
- Accessing Additional Information
Privacy Resources and Links
Why Choose AppSec Consulting?
- Expert Training Staff. Our training consultants are some of the best trained professionals in the industry with hands-on experience in various Information Security topics.
- Flexible Options. The choice of Instructor Led Training, Web-based Training, or a combination of both to meet your needs.
- Achieve Compliance. Whether it’s training a large group of IT stakeholders or teaching developers secure development practices, AppSec has a variety of courses to address help improve your information security program.
What You Get
- High Quality Content – content that is relevant to training goals and objectives.
- Real World Examples – training content based on actual real-world examples.
- Hands-on Workshops/Assessments –exercises/assessments that help reinforce learning objectives
- Buy a “Best of Class” turnkey solution that can be fully operational in a matter of weeks. Add your own logo, company contact information, and include links to your policies and procedures.
- Personalize your training experience by enhancing or deleting content within the course, add your own executive message, or include PDF documents and links to other supporting materials.
- Customize course content to meet the specific and unique needs of your organization. This includes modifying or creating new pages (e.g., adding industry examples and case studies) or modifying existing voice-over and graphics. This solution is ideal for companies that have very specific needs.
- Access, Manage, and Track - The courseware is SCORM and AICC complaint, which means that it can be easily integrated into your organization’s Learning Management System (LMS). Don’t have an LMS? We provide affordable, secure, on-demand hosting services.