Compliance / Privacy
Report On Compliance/ Level 1 Audit
AppSec Consulting is a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) firm, providing Level 1 Reports on Compliance for all types of organizations. Our Qualified Security Assessors leverage their broad industry experience and proprietary tools to ensure that all assessments are comprehensive, efficient, and educational. We specialize in assessing complex Level 1 deployments, and can help your team in translating the Data Security Standard in a manner appropriate to your environment. Where some Qualified Security Assessor firms focus on “checking the boxes”, our team of compliance experts use their industry-leading experience and extensive toolbox to help you navigate the complexities of the compliance process. Complying with the Data Security Standard can be confusing - your audit should not be.
Each assessment starts with a detailed analysis of your unique scope and compliance requirements, followed by a Gap Analysis Report which includes a description of identified gaps and detailed remediation recommendations where needed. Our process includes a rigorous quality assurance phase to ensure that every report meets the stringent requirements set forth by the card brands and the PCI Security Standards Council.
Why Choose AppSec Consulting?
- We’ve been there. Our expert consultants have guided clients through the PCI DSS validation process before for hundreds of clients. Our customers span all major industry verticals including financial services, retail, ecommerce, healthcare, software, utilities, hospitality and others. We work with everyone from small startups to Fortune 500 companies to help you understand and validate your compliance.
- We’re a service-oriented company, and we’ll treat you like a valued partner. We’ll develop a program focused on identifying and validating the PCI DSS requirements that apply to your organization.
- We provide mentoring and leadership. AppSec Consulting’s consultants will educate your team along the way. PCI stakeholders learn the intent of requirements and how to achieve and maintain PCI DSS compliance as part of a broader security program. AppSec Consulting provides strategies and tactics for reducing scope and containing the cost of maintaining compliance while improving your security posture.
- Scoping – AppSec Consulting’s PCI specialists will meet with key members of your business to gain an understanding of the cardholder data environment and explain security requirements necessary to comply with PCI DSS.
- Inventory – AppSec Consulting will identify the cardholder data environment scope; this may include in people, facilities, network devices and applications, and third parties.
- Evaluation of 3rd Party Service Providers – AppSec Consulting will identify all 3rd party relationships where the PCI DSS is applicable and determines customer/third party compliance responsibilities.
- Evaluation of Security Controls – AppSec will evaluate all technical and operational, and administrative controls related to the cardholder data environment to determine compliance status. Our approach includes the following:
- Determine if required controls are in place
- Determine if required controls are documented
- Determine if required controls are maintained/monitored
- Reporting – AppSec Consulting will provide you with a detailed findings report enumerating gaps and partial gaps, with associated remediation guidance. After an agreed upon period of time, AppSec Consulting will validate remediation activities and provide the Report on Compliance and supporting compliance documentation where necessary.
What You Get
- A comprehensive PCI Gap Analysis Report, with expert advice throughout the document.
- A completed Report on Compliance and executed Attestation of Compliance
- Assistance in filing required formal attestation documentation, if requested
- Long-term access to AppSec Consulting’s PCI DSS professionals whenever your in-house teams have questions or are in need of advice.
- Expert program and process guidance from some of the most experienced QSAs in the industry