Compliance / Privacy
Guided Self-Assessment Questionnaire
All merchants or service providers storing, processing, transmitting, or providing Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)-related services to other organizations are required by the payment brands (service providers) or acquiring entity (merchants) to validate their compliance status annually. Merchants and service providers that do not meet the transaction thresholds or other criteria required for a full Level 1 Report on Compliance (ROC) audit are required to self-attest to their compliance status through a PCI DSS Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ). Performing an accurate and comprehensive self-assessment often proves to be as challenging as an external audit, and many organizations struggle in defining the scope of assessment activities and interpretation of DSS controls.
AppSec Consulting helps organizations in a variety of industry verticals in defining and interpreting the PCI DSS and its applicability to their organization. We work with our clients performing both initial assessments and annual revalidation, and our team of PCI experts can help you navigate and interpret the PCI DSS based on your specific goals and environment.
A customer-centric approach is in our DNA; we’re not in the business of making up requirements, and we work with you through every step of the process to make sure that our recommendations are appropriate, actionable, and aligned with your business priorities. This approach is why AppSec Consulting has become a trusted advisor to both Fortune 500 companies and small organizations seeking solutions to their complex compliance issues.
The AppSec Consulting Difference
- We’ve been there. Our expert consultants have guided clients through the PCI DSS validation process before. Our clients span all major industry verticals including financial services, retail, ecommerce, healthcare, software, utilities, travel, hospitality and others.
- We’re a service-oriented company, and we’ll treat you like a valued partner. We’ll develop a program focused on identifying and validating the PCI DSS requirements that apply to your organization.
- We provide mentoring and leadership. AppSec Consulting will educate your team along the way. PCI stakeholders will learn the intent of requirements and how to achieve and maintain PCI DSS compliance.
- Wherever possible, AppSec Consulting will introduce strategies and tactics for reducing scope and containing the cost of maintaining compliance.
- Scoping – AppSec Consulting’s Qualified Security Assessors will meet with key members of your business to gain an understanding of the cardholder data environment and explain security requirements necessary to comply with PCI DSS.
- Inventory – AppSec Consulting will identify the cardholder data environment scope; this may include in people, facilities, network devices and applications, and third parties.
- Evaluation of 3rd Party Service Providers – AppSec Consulting will identify all 3rd party relationships where PCI DSS is applicable and investigate their validation status.
- Evaluation of Security Controls – AppSec will evaluate all areas in scope for PCI DSS to determine compliance status.
- Reporting – AppSec Consulting’s PCI DSS Gap Analysis Report will recommend actionable remediation activities and prioritized steps to achieve compliance. AppSec Consulting will produce a report including an executive-summary and technical findings enumerating all gaps in compliance.
What You Get
- A comprehensive PCI Gap Analysis Report which includes identified gaps and detailed remediation recommendations
- A completed Self-Assessment Questionnaire and Attestation of Compliance (to be signed by an officer of the company)
- Long-term access to AppSec Consulting’s PCI DSS professionals whenever your in-house security team has questions or is in need of advice.
- Practical, prioritized recommendations that will allow management and stakeholders to monitor the current status of your PCI DSS compliance program