San Jose, California
We have an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join our growing information security consulting company. This is an excellent opportunity for someone that is well organized, a team player, and looking for a challenging project management position.
Our company performs information security assessments for a variety of customers. These assessments can be from 1 day to 8 or more weeks in duration. These security assessments fall into the following primary categories: web application security assessment, mobile application security assessment, and remediation assessment. All assessments follow the same general project workflow from start to finish. We have a team of in-house employees and a small number of outside contractors that perform these assessments.
We’re looking for a Project Manager to ensure that these assessment projects run smoothly from a logistical and service delivery point of view. You don’t need to be a security expert, but IT knowledge is a plus for this position.
Primary Job Duties
- Maintaining the project schedule that details which employee(s) are assigned to which projects over the next couple of months. The schedule will need to be modified frequently as new projects come up, existing projects are rescheduled, employees take time off, etc.
- Working with our customers to ensure that the necessary testing information is provided to us in preparation for upcoming assessments. Checklists and testing information forms will be provided to help with this.
- Giving assignments and testing information to team members.
- Creating projects in our time tracking system and document repository for each new project and assigning the project to the appropriate team member(s).
- Ensuring that our assessment reports (the primary deliverable) go through our QA process before turning them in to the customer and that the report and all required testing artifacts are saved in our document repository.
- Acting as the key point of contact for specific customers and ensuring that requests or questions from these customers are routed to the appropriate team member and answered in a reasonable amount of time. When these customers schedule or request conference calls, ensuring that the right team members are invited to these calls.
- Working with management and project managers for other teams to ensure that all projects are properly scheduled and coordinated.
- Drafting Statements of Work (SOWs) for new assessment projects. SOW templates and technical scope and pricing information will be provided.
Occasional Job Duties
- Managing other types of projects such as in-person Secure Application Development Training engagements or updates to our computer-based training materials and/or delivery system.
Our company is headquartered in San Jose, California. The majority of work will be done from our corporate office. Some will involve driving to client locations throughout the Bay Area. Little to no travel is involved.
- Engineering or computer related degree is desired but not required.
- Experience using software such as Microsoft Office. You should be able to type quickly.
- Experience with time tracking and/or scheduling systems.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment without letting many things slip through the cracks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer focus. The goal should be to make customers happy enough that they want to keep working with you on an ongoing basis.
- Desire to learn new things.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Must undergo criminal background check and be subject to drug testing.
- Flexibility to work odd hours at times. For the most part this is a Monday-Friday 8:00 to 5:00 job, but sometimes some weekend work is required. For example, if the next week’s project assignments are not laid out on Friday, you may need to write up and send out the assignments over the weekend so that the team can hit the ground running on Monday morning.
- Competitive salary.
- Reasonable work hours compared with most information consulting firms. We expect employees to work hard and produce results, but we also understand that our employees have a life outside of work and do not expect employees to work long hours on a regular basis.
- Company sponsored medical and dental insurance.
- 401K retirement plan with company match.
- Company sponsored training programs and career growth opportunities.
- You’ll be part of a closely-knit team of dedicated employees.
If you think you’re the right person for this challenging and fun career opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.